Asakusa is one of the most popular towns
for both Japanese and foreign tourists.
How do you go to Asakusa from Haneda Airport?
I will show you every recommended way.
- 1 About Haneda Airport
- 2 How to go by Train
- 3 How to transfer from Haneda Airport International Terminal
- 4 How to Get to Kaminarimon Gate from Asakusa station on Toei Asakusa Line
- 5 How to Go by Bus
- 6 How to Go by Taxi
- 7 How to Stay the Nihgt ?
- 8 Summery
About Haneda Airport
There are 3 terminals in Haneda Airport:
■Terminal 1 (No. 1 Building)
■Terminal 2 (No. 2 Building)
■International Passenger Terminal
Flights of Terminal 1
- JAL Group
- Starflyer（SFJ） Flights for Kitakyushu Airport
Flights of Terminal 2
- ANA（Except that flights for Kitakyushu Airport are Terminal 1）
- Solaseed Air（SNA）
- Starflyer（SFJ） Flights for Kansai International Airport
How to go by Train
How do you go to Asakusa by train from Haneda Airport ?
◆Take Keikyu Line
This is the way to go without any transfer
◆Take Tokyo Monorail
First, take Monorail from Haneda Airport to Hamamatsucho station.
Second, take JR Line from Hamamatsucho to Kanda station.
Third, take Ginza Subway Line from Kanda to Asakusa station.
Check out the detailed article below.
⇒Here is How to go by Monorail
I will explain how to go by Keikyu Line in detail.
How to go by Keikyu Line
Haneda Airport is a starting station of Keikyu Line.
How do you get to Keikyu Ticket Gate from Arrival Lobby?
- Go down the escalator from Arrival Lobby.
- Go down to B1 floor.
- You will see the Information counter down there.
- Monorail Ticket Gates are dead ahead.
- Walk further by following the Keikyu Line signboard.
- Go down the escalator headed for Keikyu Line.
- you will see the Keikyu Ticket Gate down there.
- Please buy a connection ticket to Toei Line, \ 660.
- You can see destination information on the electric bulletin board.
- Transfer Time is 5 min on foot.
Refer to the video below, too.
The order of Keikyu stations are
Haneda Airport Domestic Terminal Station
（for both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2）
↓ ↓ ↓
Haneda Airport International Terminal Station
In this Time Table, there are some trains you should not ride.
They have different destinations.
久…Keikyu- kurihama / 崎…Misakiguchi /品…Shinagawa
新…Shinzusi / 神…Kanagawa-shinmachi
Except these, you can ride any train.
※However, if you ride a train bound for Sengakuji station,
you have to change to the following train at Sengakuji.
When you take Rapid Express train,
You will arrive at Asakusa station in 40 min.
The left side door will open.
Fare: \ 660
Asakusa station on Toei Asakusa Line is a little bit far from the tourist attractions.
How to transfer from Haneda Airport International Terminal
There are 3 ways to transfer.
◆ By Train（Tokyo Monorail or Keikyu Line）
◆By Airport Limousine Bus
◆ By Inter-Terminal Free Shuttle Bus
Please refer to the following article in detail
How to Get to Kaminarimon Gate from Asakusa station on Toei Asakusa Line
- Getting off from Car No. 7 is convenient.
- The first car is No. 8.
- Go up the stairs.
- Get out of the ticket gate.
- There is a Asakusa Guide Map on your left.
- Go straight.
- Head for A4 Exit.
- At the end of the passage is Ginza Line (Tokyo Metro)
- Ture left.
- Go down and then up the low stairs.
- Go up the escalator.
- Turn left and go up the stairs.
- Go up the stairs in front.
- After going to the ground, turn right.
- Then you will find the street (Kaminarimon street)
- Turn left and go to the crossroads.
- Cross the street and you will get to Kaminarimon Gate.
How to get to Kaminarimon Gate from Asakusa station on Toei Asakusa Line
Refer to the video below, too.
How to Go by Bus
There is a bus bound for “Asakusa View Hotel”
How to get on the bus
Buy a bus ticket at“Limousine Bus Ticket Counter”
These counters are situated at both sides of Central Exit of 1F Arrival Lobby.
And they are located at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
Please buy a bus ticket in advance. Fare: \ 930
However, Early morning ticket: \ 1,860
Then, get on the bus bound for“Asakusa View Hotel”at Bus stop No.6 on either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
Ride time depends on traffic congestion,
But it usually takes around 65~85 min.
This bus is convenient because of nonstop bus.
However, not so many buses run on this route.
There is one bus per hour at most (They hardly run daytime).
Refer to the detail about bus.
⇒Here is the detail about nonstop bus from Haneda Airport
How to Go by Taxi
When you take a taxi from Haneda Airport to Asakusa:
Time: 40 ~ 60 min.
Fare: about \9,040 ~\9,910.
Time and fee of taxi vary with traffic congestion, too.
So, I recommend that you take “Haneda Airport Flat-rate Taxi”
※When you get out of the taxi, don’t forget to ask for a“receipt”
If you forget anything in the car, this is essential to ask the taxi company
Various Tourist Attractions in Asakusa
Around Asakusa Kaminarion Gate
◆Nakamise-dori (shopping street)
◆ New Nakamise Shoppong Street
And more …
◆Kume Heinaido (God of marriage)
◆Sentsuka Jizodo(Devine Favor of Zaihuku)
And uncommon dessert, too
◆Umezono Kuri zenzai(Meiyuan chestnut Zenzai)
Following are details of tourist attractions near here.
How to Stay the Nihgt ?
Just in case, I will show you accommodations in Tokyo.
Take a look.
When you take Keikyu Line
Time(including transfer) and Fare: 50～60 min / \ 660
When you take Tokyo Monorail from Haneda Airport
Time(including transfer) and Fare: 70～80 min / \ 830
Time is only a reference, but
I recommend going by Keikyu Line,
because it’s inexpensive and no transfer.